Thursday, March 14, 2013

Be Still and Know that I am God

From this month's First Presidency Message: 
"'Linger, O blessed Redeemer!
Leave me alone no more,
And with joy I shall make the blest harbor
And rest on the blissful shore...'
Through tears and trials, through fears and sorrows, through the heartache and loneliness of losing loved ones, there is assurance that life is everlasting. Our Lord and Savior is the living witness that such is so. His words in holy writ are sufficient: “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). I testify to this truth." (President Thomas S Monson, Peace, Be Still, First Presidency Message.   https://www.lds.org/liahona/2013/03/peace-be-still?lang=eng ).  Picture is From Fear to Faith, by Howard Lyon.  Used with Permission, Howard Lyon, www.fineart.howardlyon.com  Lyrics are from the hymn “Master, the Tempest Is Raging.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment