Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Conversion Story: How Great Shall Be Your Joy

How great will be your joy if you bring just one soul to the Father. A conversion story: "the Lord's words, the Lord's power and the Lord's promises"

The work is going forward. Here is a story from my niece who is on a mission in California, and her story of the conversion of a man she was teaching (she is a new missionary). 

In her words; "We also have another baptism coming up this weekend. He's an older gentleman and met the missionaries at the Oakland temple visitors center..., and then started learning everything down here. The other sisters had only taught a lesson or two, but he was very hesitant to be baptized. I think it was my third lesson with him that we finally committed him. Okay fine, I did it. First baptismal commitment of the mish. It was actually one of the most powereful ones I've felt since being out here. We were in the middle of a lesson when my scriptures blew open to a passage about baptism I had marked. I felt impressed to have him read it, so I did. Sis Poz had no idea what I was doing, here is this little greenie ruining a perfectly good lesson, but afterwards I was able to promise him specific things that I never could have thought of on my own. My words were not my own. They were the Lord's words, the Lord's power and the Lord's promises. It was so neat. Everyone was tearing up. And he said he'd be baptized! So yeah." Sister Katie Monson

As the prophet Joseph said “The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done” (History of the Church, 4:540).

Find out more about Christ. Along with the Bible, his words are in the Book of Mormon. Find out for yourself and read the Promise of the Book of Mormon online now at http://bit.ly/10t8QYm or get a free copy athttp://bit.ly/11WKJ1G

Or, Click here to chat online http://bit.ly/14NQosW or, to meet with representatives from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, go to http://bit.ly/10t9mW7

photo courtesy of mormons.lds.net

No comments:

Post a Comment