Thursday, April 21, 2016

Christ has come to his temple, and to us in it

The Savior, Jesus Christ, appears to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery in the Kirtland Temple-and what it can mean for us as we attend the temple: "The veil was taken from our minds, and the eyes of our understanding were opened.

We saw the Lord standing upon the breastwork of the pulpit, before us; and under his feet was a paved work of pure gold, in color like amber.

His eyes were as a flame of fire; the hair of his head was white like the pure snow; his countenance shone above the brightness of the sun; and his voice was as the sound of the rushing of great waters, even the voice of Jehovah, saying:

I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father.

Behold, your sins are forgiven you; you are clean before me; therefore, lift up your heads and rejoice.

Let the hearts of your brethren rejoice, and let the hearts of all my people rejoice, who have, with their might, built this house to my name.

For behold, I have accepted this house, and my name shall be here; and I will manifest myself to my people in mercy in this house.

Yea, I will appear unto my servants, and speak unto them with mine own voice, if my people will keep my commandments, and do not pollute this holy house.

Yea the hearts of thousands and tens of thousands shall greatly rejoice in consequence of the blessings which shall be poured out, and the endowment with which my servants have been endowed in this house.

And the fame of this house shall spread to foreign lands; and this is the beginning of the blessing which shall be poured out upon the heads of my people. Even so. Amen.

(Doctrine and Covenants 110:1-10 online at https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/110.1-10)

We know this description of the Savior is correct, because it is similar to the  description given of the Savior by John the Revelator.  And it was not just Joseph who saw him, it was Oliver Cowdery with him.  

How can that affect us as we attend the temple?  The Savior lives, and has accepted the temples of the Church as his houses.  In them are done the ordinances of Salvation for both the living and the dead.  We may not see the Savior there with our own eyes, but we can feel of his presence and his love for us through the veil if we pray for it while there in his sacred house.  We are promised in the Doctrine and Covenants that his presence shall be there in the temple.  

May we live worthy, and then feel of the Love of Christ-that love which changes us forever.  And with that love, we will know that he Lives.  

 The Book of Mormon, along with the Bible, testifies of Christ. Find out for yourself and read the Promise of the Book of Mormon online now at http://bit.ly/10t8QYm or get a free copy at http://bit.ly/11WKJ1G

Or, Click here to chat online http://bit.ly/14NQosW or, to meet with representatives from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, go to http://bit.ly/10t9mW7

Picture courtesy of https://www.lds.org

No comments:

Post a Comment