Sunday, September 18, 2016

"Lovest thou me...Feed my sheep"

"But when the morning was now come, Jesus stood on the shore: but the disciples knew not that it was Jesus.

Then Jesus saith unto them, Children, have ye any meat? They answered him, No.

And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes."

Then, when Peter saw it was the Lord, he cast himself into the sea, and swam to him, with the other apostles trailing in the boat.

On the shore, after eating of the fish, the Savior said the following to Peter;

"Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep."(John 21:4-6,15-17)

The Savior often teaches by repetition, and as he asked Peter, he similarly asks us to "Feed his sheep." That is how we show our love for the Savior.  

We can do this in our families, and by reaching out to others who are downtrodden, and need lifting and comforting.  By doing our home and visiting teaching in such a way that when our families need help, we are the first ones they call.  

May we ever feed the Lord's sheep.  

Find out more about Christ. Along with the Bible, his words are in the Book of Mormon. Find out for yourself and read the Promise of the Book of Mormon online now at http://bit.ly/10t8QYm or get a free copy at http://bit.ly/11WKJ1G

Questions? Click here to chat online http://bit.ly/14NQosW or, to meet with representatives from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, go to http://bit.ly/10t9mW7

Picture is Cast your nets, by Greg Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment