Monday, February 27, 2017

Who Jesus Christ is, and What he offers us

First, we must know who Christ is: 

"Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I am the same that came unto mine own, and mine own received me not. I am the light which shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not." (D&C 6:21)

Then, we must know what will happen and has happened because of him:

"And it shall come to pass that the time cometh, when the fulness of my gospel shall be preached unto them;

And they shall believe in me, that I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and shall pray unto the Father in my name" (3 Nephi 20:30-31).

And then what we must do to have the Love of God with us: "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love." (John 15:10) 

And we find out what we must do to be saved: "but whosoever shall do and teach these commandments of the law until it be fulfilled, the same shall be called great, and shall be saved in the kingdom of heaven." (JST Matthew 5:21).  

And finally, we can have joy in this life, and in the life to come in Christ.  

John 15:11 says "These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."

And in other scripture, the Lord states that he knows that we will have trials in this life, and it will be hard, but gives a promise

"Wherefore, fear not even unto death; for in this world your joy is not full, but in me your joy is full" (D&C 101:36).

Scripture is full of other promises made by Christ and his prophets about the peace that can be ours as we come unto him, and in him find rest.  I urge you to seek these promises out in the scriptures, for in them are the words of life. 

And may we ever come unto Christ, our Savior, Redeemer, and our Advocate with the Father.  

Do you love the Savior, his words in the Bible, and want to know more about him?  Read the Promise of the Book of Mormon online, and pray about its truth at http://bit.ly/10t8QYm or get a free copy at http://bit.ly/11WKJ1G

Questions? Click here to chat online http://bit.ly/14NQosW or, to meet with representatives from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, go to http://bit.ly/10t9mW7

No comments:

Post a Comment