Saturday, May 6, 2017

"Behold, I am Jesus Christ..." -and how we can return to him

3 Nephi 9:15 records the following words spoken by Christ to the multitude in the Americas before he descended to them.  This was just after he was resurrected;

"Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God. I created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are. I was with the Father from the beginning. I am in the Father, and the Father in me; and in me hath the Father glorified his name."

Later, the people heard God the Father's voice as he announced his son's appearing by saying "Behold my Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased, in whom I have glorified my name—hear ye him."

Here Christ declares who he is, his relationship to the Father, and the Father confirms what he said.  He is the creator of the heavens and the earth, the Savior and Redeemer of the World, and the only one who can redeem us and be our advocate with the Father. 

I love these phrases, because they show the Love and unity of Father and Son, and it causes me to wonder how I can have that unity.  
We can have it.  If we obey the commandments, and come unto Christ and the Father, and do their will, and serve others, we will experience miracles in our lives.  YOu may not see the miracles at first, but as time goes by, you will be able to recognize their influence.  

As you study the scriptures, ponder and pray, serve others, and seek to do God's will, one day, when you are face to face with the Savior and the Father, he will say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant...enter into the rest of thy Lord" (Matthew 25).

Or, if you have served others, he may say as he also says in Matthew 25 "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these, my brethren, ye have done it unto me." 

And our creator will take you in his arms and welcome you home, to dwell with him and the father and our families forever.  

Can we see ourselves being with them, feeling of their great love?  Elder Melvin J Ballard embraced the Savior, and said that even if it took threescore years, if he could just experience again what it was like to embrace the Savior, he would give everything that he ever was or would ever hope to be. 

May we ever be willing to give everything for the Lord, for in that, we will be healed, comforted, strengthened, and saved.  

May we ever do that, is my prayer.   

Some of these scriptures come from the Book of Mormon, where Christ also appeared.  Read the Promise of the Book of Mormon online, and pray about its truth at http://bit.ly/10t8QYm or get a free copy at http://bit.ly/11WKJ1G

Questions? Click here to chat online http://bit.ly/14NQosW or, to meet with representatives from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, go to http://bit.ly/10t9mW7 

Picture is Sacred Space by Greg Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment