Thursday, May 4, 2017

The Promised Messiah, the Redeemer of the World

Job's heart overflowed when he penned this Biblical scripture, now immortalized in "The Messiah;"

"For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth." (Job 19:25)

Indeed, prophets testified that Jesus Christ is the Redeemer of the world.  Nephi states the following;

"And he also spake concerning the prophets, how great a number had testified of these things, concerning this Messiah, of whom he had spoken, or this Redeemer of the world.

Wherefore, all mankind were in a lost and in a fallen state, and ever would be save they should rely on this Redeemer" (1 Nephi 10:5-6).

These prophets didn't just believe, they knew for a surety that Christ would come, for they had seen him.  Nephi continues later;

"And now I, Nephi, write more of the words of Isaiah, for my soul delighteth in his words. For I will liken his words unto my people, and I will send them forth unto all my children, for he verily saw my Redeemer, even as I have seen him.

And my brother, Jacob, also has seen him as I have seen him" (2 Nephi 11:2-3).

Jesus Christ is real, and he is the Savior and Redeemer of the World.  His love predates the earth, and extends into the eternities and beyond, and was made manifest by his eternal sacrifice, his atonement, death, and resurrection.  Scripture says in his own words "Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit" (Doctrine and Covenants 19:18)  

As President Uchtdorf says, He is the Savior and Redeemer of the World, he is the Promised Messiah."

Our Prophet, Thomas S Monson has said that he is in the details of our lives and will ever be at our side.

May we come unto Christ, and may we feel of his love personally, as we pray to the Father in Christ's name.  

He didn't just offer a sacrifice once and is now absent.  He is there for us to comfort, lift, strengthen, forgive, and redeem us.  

We cannot count the number of blessings he has given us, and as we turn to him, those blessings will increase as we have faith in him.  

That we may ever rely on our Redeemer, is my prayer.  

Do you love the Savior, his words in the Bible, and want to know more about him?  Read the Promise of the Book of Mormon online, and pray about its truth at http://bit.ly/10t8QYm or get a free copy at http://bit.ly/11WKJ1G

Questions? Click here to chat online http://bit.ly/14NQosW or, to meet with representatives from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, go to http://bit.ly/10t9mW7 

Picture is Great Redeemer by Brent Borup available at http://www.brentborupstudio.com/greatredeemer.html

No comments:

Post a Comment