Thursday, June 22, 2017

Do we have the Faith of the Brother of Jared?

The Faith of the Brother of Jared was mighty.  Many years before Christ was born, He had been directed to cross the ocean in barges, which were dark inside.  The Lord told him to find a way to get light.  He exercised faith in the creation of stones, and asked the Lord to touch them, so they could shine.  What Faith to believe in miracles! Do we have such faith?  The account is below;

"And it came to pass that when the brother of Jared had said these words, behold, the Lord stretched forth his hand and touched the stones one by one with his finger. And the veil was taken from off the eyes of the brother of Jared, and he saw the finger of the Lord; and it was as the finger of a man, like unto flesh and blood; and the brother of Jared fell down before the Lord, for he was struck with fear.

And the Lord saw that the brother of Jared had fallen to the earth; and the Lord said unto him: Arise, why hast thou fallen?

And he saith unto the Lord: I saw the finger of the Lord, and I feared lest he should smite me; for I knew not that the Lord had flesh and blood.

And the Lord said unto him: Because of thy faith thou hast seen that I shall take upon me flesh and blood; and never has man come before me with such exceeding faith as thou hast; for were it not so ye could not have seen my finger. Sawest thou more than this?

And he answered: Nay; Lord, show thyself unto me.

And the Lord said unto him: Believest thou the words which I shall speak?

And he answered: Yea, Lord, I know that thou speakest the truth, for thou art a God of truth, and canst not lie.

And when he had said these words, behold, the Lord showed himself unto him, and said: Because thou knowest these things ye are redeemed from the fall; therefore ye are brought back into my presence; therefore I show myself unto you.

Behold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have life, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters.

And never have I showed myself unto man whom I have created, for never has man believed in me as thou hast. Seest thou that ye are created after mine own image? Yea, even all men were created in the beginning after mine own image.

Behold, this body, which ye now behold, is the body of my spirit; and man have I created after the body of my spirit; and even as I appear unto thee to be in the spirit will I appear unto my people in the flesh. (Ether 3:6-16)."

In this we see the Faith of the Brother of Jared, and we see the mercy of the Lord in dealing with those who have Faith in Him.  Do we have the faith to have miracles be wrought in our lives?  When we have exhausted all our resources, and no solution to our problems can be found, do we turn to the Lord with creative solutions that allow him to exercise his power in our behalf?

The time will come when we will have to rely on the Lord for miracles, just as the early pioneers did, just as Moses did, and just as numerous Old Testament and New Testament Prophets did. 

President Nelson has said we are preparing for the second coming of the Lord, and Elder Ballard has said that the temples we are building are the ones that will be running during the millenium, when the Lord comes to rule and reign upon the earth. 

Do we have the faith so that God can work miracles in our lives?  Just as the Prophet Joseph through the power of Christ was able to heal hundreds in Nauvoo, just as Peter and John healed the impotent man, do we have the faith needed for miracles to happen?

May we ever have that faith, is my prayer. 

This comes from the Book of Mormon. Along with the Bible, God's words are in the Book of Mormon. Prophets in Book of Mormon times were shown what to include in the Book of Mormon for our day, because God showed them what our day would be like. Find out for yourself and read the Promise of the Book of Mormon online now at http://bit.ly/10t8QYm or get a free copy at http://bit.ly/11WKJ1G

Questions? Click here to chat online http://bit.ly/14NQosW or, to meet with representatives from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, go to http://bit.ly/10t9mW7


Picture courtesy of lds.org

No comments:

Post a Comment