Friday, August 11, 2017

The Intercessory Prayer's instruction: Becoming One with Christ and the Father

There are several examples of the Savior praying, from the Sermon on the mount to the cross, and in the Americas, but I wanted to focus on one specific example of him praying for us.  

In the intercessory prayer, he said "Neither pray I for these [the apostles] alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." (John 17:20-21)

I recommend you take the time after this post to read the entire intercessory prayer.  Such a powerful prayer.  Many more prayers Christ prayed for us, but I wanted to focus on this part.  He prayed for all who would believe on the words of the Apostles.  Us.  

And he prayed that we might be one with him and the Father.  Have we asked the Lord in our prayers that we might become one with him and the Father?  That we might feel that connectedness to them through the spirit?

Some of the sweetest moments of prayer have come when I have prayed to be one with Christ and the Father, and the experiences I have had after those prayers, and in the temple, are too sacred to relate openly.  

My only hope is that others might experience that same strength of the spirit, and that they might feel the love of the Father for them.  For they are real, and through the spirit, can answer our prayers, and can lift, comfort, strengthen, and help us.  

May we ever strive to be one with them.  

Do you love the Savior, his words in the Bible, and want to know more about him?  Read the Promise of the Book of Mormon online, and pray about its truth at http://bit.ly/10t8QYm or get a free copy at http://bit.ly/11WKJ1G

Questions? Click here to chat online http://bit.ly/14NQosW or, to meet with representatives from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, go to http://bit.ly/10t9mW7

Picture is by Yongsung Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment